If Lance is successful with his lawsuit against USADA…

If Lance is successful with his lawsuit against USADA, what power will they have left to keep the sport clean? Can they still come to your house and take your blood or will that be classed as harassment in the future? Stay strong USADA.

***After reading some of your responses, I wanted to add this to clarify what I am trying to say:

Let me make it clear – I am not accusing Lance of anything. It’s not what this issue is about. What I am trying to say it is USADA’s sole job to enforce a 100% no drug policy in sport. If that means going back in the past to INVESTIGATE athletes who may have doped based on the information they have, then so be it. He may be a nice guy or a former champion or a legend in the sport, but that is totally irrelevant. Cheating is cheating. And just for the record – he is a current athlete. He is racing as a professional triathlete. Also, the guys who allegedly got deals, all admitted guilt. It’s not ideal, but the concept of a “plea bargain” is pretty common in the US law system. So what many of you are trying to say is that because it’s in the past it shouldn’t matter. Does that mean I don’t have to pay any tax for this year and once I hit next year I’m in the clear and it’s all forgiven? 1. It’s in the past. 2. I’m not hurting anyone. Does that make it ok? USADA is just doing their job. Don’t forget, he’s only under an investigation. No one has proven him guilty. Maybe this investigation comes back clean, but it’s USADA’s right and duty to investigate.

14 replies
  1. Ben
    Ben says:

THANK YOU for standing up on this point. Lance wants to obfuscate his history by attacking the system instead of simply admitting his mistakes and making amends. He probably could have made a deal not to lose his tour titles (because who would they give them to?) but instead he chose to lie and lie some more to protect his image.

2. Brian
    Brian says:

So they USADA shouldn’t be questioned at all? Everyone should just let them do whatever they want? Let the court decide. If the court backs USADA, then good for USADA.

3. Anonymous
    Anonymous says:

All it would do is force them to change their procedure, which would be wonderful. They operate now in a manner which Lance fairly complains about: without any semblance of due process. Accuse him and convict him, fine, but at least do it fairly. It’s beyond comical how they can operate now–guaranteeing immunity to people in exchange for testimony, complete anonymity–it’s sad, really, and all it reveals is a lot of personal anti-Lance loathing. In the end, the crux of Lance’s complaint against the USADA is what matters. No court will uphold an injunction before the arbitration, but if the arbitration proceeds as it might, then a court very well could.

4. Anonymous
    Anonymous says:

(Let me preface this response with the fact that I believe Lance doped but…) I guarantee you would feel differently if you were accused of doping, there was no tangible evidence against you, and you were about to lose your profession/livelihood, not to mention your reputation. And then add to that you were not informed as to the evidence against you. USADA serves an important function, but the process needs to be more transparent.

5. Anonymous
    Anonymous says:

Have to agree with the last two posters. After reading Bjane, Millar, Kimmage, and Willy Voet I tend to believe Lance doped, and I am truly sorry for him if he didn’t, but the fact is that the USADA system is still a farce, and a mockery of justice. It needs to be updated and perhaps this will force that. If this were about justice there would be a lot more heads rolling. This is about Travis Tygart vs Lance Armstrong. Lance is paying his lawyers and everyone except Travis is paying his lawyers for his little vendetta.

6. John
    John says:

Thank you for having the courage to take a public stand. Those complaining that “the process” isn’t fair are either woefully misinformed or willfully ignorant. Of course, when all you understand of the process is what your spoon-fed by paid liars, I guess that’s understandable.

Big props to you.

7. Anonymous
    Anonymous says:

Interesting that the USADA code that little baby Lance is crying about, is the same code his agent helped write and Lance stated was fair. Of course, this was when he was crying that the French had a vendetta against him.

8. Anonymous
    Anonymous says:

Any idiot that thinks this is a “vendetta”, please explain 1 flicking reason why the USADA would have a “vendetta” against Lance. If you still believe there is a “vendetta”, then please send me your info. I have lovely investment deal for you.

9. Unknown
    Unknown says:

Good job, nice to hear a rational perspective, keep it up. The lancolytes will attack you but with logic and reason on your side all they can do is whine.
    Congrats on Portland!

10. Anonymous
    Anonymous says:

Nice post writed by a 3rd pussy, well, 3rd now, you know, with Lance in Kona you will be 4th or less for sure. What a stupid runner prays for an America dictatorship where you’re guilty until you prove your innocence. Go fuck yourself

11. Anonymous
    Anonymous says:

Panama:
    Docherty, Bevan 03:50:13 1
    Armstrong, Lance 03:50:55 2
    Cunningham, Richie 03:52:59 3

oh! right! Lance beat you already… what a pussy!

12. Anonymous
    Anonymous says:

You guys are so angry! Richie has never downplayed Lance’s talent. He also doesn’t race Kona. Lance beating Richie has absolutely nothing to do with his opinion. He wants a clean sport. Good for him. The law said USADA’s process is fair. Be an adult and deal with the fact that someone has a different opinion than you.

13. Anonymous
    Anonymous says:

Richie, with all due respect to you, which I do in fact respect you, in the US Law system, a person is free while being investigated, unless there is overwhelming evidence showing guilt. That evidence needs to be shown however to judge, and defendant. This is the difference here with USADA. They have done neither and it is wrong! Ban him if he is guilty, but the evidence must be shown first, before banning him. That is the real way of due process in the US. I am a supporter of him, but if it ends up being guilty with showing guilt without a shadow of a doubt, then the ban starts.

I would hate it if someone who didn’t like you all of a sudden said they saw you doping and thew out conspiracy theories all over social media, then simply opened a case against you with USADA. As you are saying, USADA MUST do their job and investigate, which means you are banned by WTC rules. Your season is over mate, and many people will leave your support, guilty or not. That is wrong. So due process is important and last time I, or anyone else checked, he still has not been proven guilty of anything and surprisingly, USADA has not offered up their supposed evidence when they were so quick to ban him with what they say is overwhelming evidence. I am sorry, I disagree with you and in my opinion, you are far out of line. Don’t forget, the same thing can happen to you mate, then you will have to prove your innocence!

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!